Many users are currently trying to transfer their contacts from Android to iPhone without going through a lot of headaches, more now with the launch of the new iPhone 2018. However, in this article we are going to talk about how to transfer contacts to the new iPhone with 4 simple tricks.
Launching new iPhone 2018 (XS, XS Max, XR)
The presentation of the new iPhone 2018, carried out on September 12 at the Steve Jobs Theater brought with it the renewal of its line of Smart Phones with the iPhone XR, iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max. The 3 devices have quite similar characteristics in Hardware (having more advantages the XS), but the essence of the new iOS 12 is the same for the 3 teams. For its part, the iPhone XR came in a “low cost” scheme in order to attract new users who want to give, for example, the jump from Android.
Among the most important differences of the new iPhone 2018 stand out for example the type of screens. The iPhone XS and XS Max have OLED technology, which gives a wider range of colors and a much higher resolution; while the iPhone XR brings a classic LCD screen. Additional, the camera of the iPhone XS is double (like its predecessor iPhone X), while that of the iPhone XR is one.
How to transfer contacts to the new iPhone
For those who have already decided to move from Android to the new iPhone, below we describe 4 simple tricks to facilitate the entire process.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS (Max) in one click
This is perhaps the most practical and easy to use solution, with just one click it is possible to transfer to the new iPhone not only contacts, but also a lot of information from your old Android (Photos, images, text messages , music, among many other options.). The steps, which are 3, are pretty easy:
- Download the dr.fone Switch software and install it. Open it later and choose the “Switch” option
- Connect both Smartphones (Android and the new iPhone 2018) to the PC using USB cables
- Select the data that will be transferred between both devices
- Click on the Start Transfer button and wait for the entire transfer time
How to transfer contacts to the new iPhone XS (Max) from Android using move to iOS
If you are wondering how to transfer contacts to the new iPhone from Android through move to iOS, here we show you the procedure. Actually it takes a little longer than the one mentioned above, but it’s quite easy. Move to iOS is an App that is downloaded directly to your Android device and is used when you first set up the new iPhone. The steps are very simple:
- Step 1: Download the “Move to iOS” app on the Android device
- Step 2: Start configuring the new iPhone. Just after connecting to the Wi-Fi network select “Apps & Data” and then “Move Data from Android”
- Step 3: Open the Move to iOS app on the Android device, click on Continue and then the terms and agreements are accepted. At this point, click on continue and your Android will ask you to enter a code. For this, go back to your iPhone, click on Continue and the code will appear there. You must enter those same numbers in the Android.
- Step 4: Once both are synchronized you can import contacts and other data from the Android to the iPhone.
How to transfer contacts to the new iPhone XS (Max) from Android using Google Accounts
For this method it is necessary to have a Google account (Gmail) and have your Android synchronized with that account. The synchronization is very simple. From the Android go to ‘Settings’> ‘Accounts’> ‘Google’> and activate ‘Contacts’. From there you can now choose the option to synchronize now.
Once the synchronization is complete, the same process must be done on the iPhone. You must enter ‘Settings’> ‘Passwords & Accounts’> ‘Add Account’> ‘Google’. After your account is added, go to ‘Settings’, then ‘Passwords & Accounts’, select your GMAIL account and make sure to activate the “Contacts” tab. This will synchronize your list of contacts that you previously used in Android, to your new iPhone.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS (Max) using a SIM Card
Depending on the model of the Smart Phone, the vast majority of the Sim Cards on the market have the capacity in themselves to store information from the phone’s contacts. Many cellular models do it by Default, however, there is always a way to export the contacts that are stored in the memory, directly on the SIM. So, when you change the SIM of your Android to your new iPhone, the latter will recognize the contacts that are on the card.
To ensure the export of contacts from your Android device go to “Contacts”, then click on “more …”, then go to “import / export”, and then choose to export on the SIM Card.
When you enter the SIM on the new iPhone, you can search there without problems.